Inter-Institutional Cooperation - Call for proposals closed april 2013

  • 3rd CALL FOR PROPOSALS
  • APRIL 2013
  • Foundation for the Development of the Education System
  • as the Programme Operator of the Scholarship and Training Fund in Poland
  • announces
  • open Call for proposals
  • Inter-Institutional Cooperation

The Scholarship and Training Fund set up within EEA and Norway Grants aims to contribute to the development of social and economic cohesion within European Economic Area through facilitating cooperation in the field of education between Poland and the Donor States: Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.

1. Eligible activities within Inter-Institutional Call for proposal

The call is open for applications submitted within the measure Inter-Institutional Cooperation - bilateral or multilateral projects aiming at the implementation of joint events or initiatives (e.g. school projects, seminars, conferences, publications) by Polish and Donor States institutions.

Project proposals may tackle the following issues:

  • support for inter-institutional cooperation in education between institutions, including pupil, teacher and staff exchange;
  • support for inter-institutional cooperation in education between institutions on the joint implementation of topics of common interest;
  • development or preparation of new teaching tools and methods, with special focus on ICT-based learning;
  • conferences, seminars, publications.

2. Eligible applicants

Eligible institutions from Poland may apply on behalf of a partnership. The partnership shall consist of at least two institutions, at least one of which must be from a Donor State.

Poland

The eligible applicants are: institutions engaged in formal education such as:

  • schools (primary, lower-/upper secondary, vocational, technical college);
  • Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) (public and private);
  • continuing education public institutions and practical training public institutions;
  • institutions providing doctoral studies which results in a Ph.D. (such as HEIs, Polish Academy of Science (PAN)[?] units, research institutes, scientific institutes)

The applying institution has to be registered in Poland for at least 12 months before submitting an application. The Polish institution needs to have at least one partner from a Donor State: Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway.

Partners from Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway) – at least one Donor State partner is obligatory

The eligible partner’s institutions are: schools, HEIs, other institutions providing education at all levels, private sector – enterprises and social partners cooperating with education institutions, private and public organisations including not-for-profit and non-governmental institutions, research centres.

Partners from Poland - optional

The eligible partner’s institutions are: schools, HEIs, other institutions providing education at all levels, private sector – enterprises and social partners cooperating with education institutions, private and public organisations including not-for-profit and non-governmental institutions, research centres.

3. Project duration

Eligible duration of a single project will be from 6 months up to 2 years – from 4th November 2013 to 31st October 2015.

4. Total allocation

The total possible amount of funds (allocation from EEA/Norway Grants 2009-2014 as well as national contribution) to be distributed between beneficiaries within this Call for Proposals is € 1 873 333.

5. Project grant rate

The minimum amount of grant assistance that can be applied for is € 20 000; the maximum amount is € 100 000. Grants from the programme will not exceed 90 % of total eligible project costs. The remaining minimum 10% costs of the project shall be provided or obtained from sources other than STF.

6. Eligible costs

The following types of expenditures will be eligible within the Inter-Institutional Cooperation projects:

  • travel, insurance and subsistence costs;
  • organisational costs for seminars, workshops, conferences;
  • project staff costs;
  • preparation and production of project materials;
  • purchase of teaching equipment for up to 20% of the total eligible costs;
  • administrative costs;
  • additional costs resulting from special needs (disability), if applicable.

7. Selection criteria

Project assessment is a two-stage process and consists of formal and quality assessment. Only projects that meet all the formal criteria will be subject to quality assessment. The formal check is performed by the Programme Operator, while the quality assessment will be carried out by independent, external experts.

Applications will be regarded as meeting the formal and eligibility criteria if i.a.:

  • they are submitted within a defined deadline;
  • they are submitted using appropriate application forms;
  • they are signed by authorised persons;
  • all required obligatory annexes are attached.

The complete list of all formal criteria is given in the Formal Assessment Form.

The quality assessment will comprise a review and thorough analysis of the following aspects:

  • objectives of the project;
  • methodology and work programme;
  • innovative character;
  • the cost-benefit ratio (rationality of budget planned);
  • impact and relevance of project results;
  • dissemination of project results.

Quality assessment will also include an assessment of the requested budget in relation to the planned project activities.

The complete list of assessed aspects is given in the Quality Assessment Form.

Based on the external experts’ assessment, the Selection Committee establishes a ranking list of the granted applications, differentiating between applications proposed for approval, rejection and the waiting list. The final decision concerning the list of projects to be financed is made by the Management Board of the Foundation for the Development of Education System in the form of a resolution.

Formal and quality assessment forms, as well as detailed selection criteria are to be found in the attachments to the announcement.

8. Information on appeal measures available to applicants

Applicants may turn to an appeal procedure against the decision of rejecting their application at the stage of the formal check or the quality assessment. The appeal procedure consists of two instances. The Programme Operator is the institution of the first instance while the National Focal Point is the second instance. There is no appeal procedure against the decision of the second instance. There is also no appeal procedure against the final grant decision of the Programme Operator.

9. Payment flows and reporting

An advance payment of up to 80% can be made upon signature of a contract between the Programme Operator and the Project Promoter. The remaining amount up to 20% will be paid (if applicable) upon approval of the Completion Report. In case of private institutions receiving a grant of more than € 25 000, payments can be made in more instalments. In such cases the Interim Report is the basis for the next advance payment that will be transferred after the documented use of 70% of the previous instalments.

The beneficiary submits Interim Reports every 4 months covering three reporting periods in each calendar year. The final financial clearance of the project is made after the acceptance of the Completion Report, submitted within 1 month after the project eligibility period.

10. Date, place and mode of submitting the applications

The Call for proposals lasts from 8th April 2013 until 7th June 2013, until 16:00. The deadline refers both to the hard copy (paper) and electronic version of the application submitted via the application form generator.

The application form consists of Polish and English parts. The application form must be submitted via the application form generator at

Then, the printed version of the application form together with all required attachments must be delivered in one envelope or parcel, by post (in this case, the deadline refers to a post stamp), dispatch courier service (in this case, the deadline refers to register date) or in person, in 2 originals to the Programme Operator under the address:

  • Foundation for the Development of the Education System (FRSE)
  • The Scholarship and Training Fund
  • 43 Mokotowska str.
  • 00-551 Warsaw
  • Poland

11. Documents to be downloaded

Application documents:

Additional programme documents:

  • Regulations on the implementation of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014
  • Guidelines of the Donor-States
  • Guidelines of the Minister of Regional Development acting as National Focal Point
  • ---> Programme documents

For additional information, please contact (working days, from 9.00 until 16.00):

  • Foundation for the Development of the Education System (FRSE)
  • Scholarship and Training Fund
  • 43 Mokotowska str.
  • 00-551 Warsaw
  • fss@frse.org.pl
  • www.fss.org.pl

According to the art. 35 § 1 of the Administrative Code in Poland all queries will be answered without undue delay (in general - within 21 working days, but in justified cases this period may be longer).

Contact details for additional information on partner search for Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein:

Norway

  • Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU)
  • Veena Gill and Ieva Serapinaite
  • Postbox 7800
  • N-5020 Bergen
  • Norway
  • tel. + 47 55 30 88 00
  • fax + 47 55 30 88 01
  • siu@siu.no
  • www.siu.no

Iceland

Liechtenstein

Supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants, Norway Grants and co-financed by the Polish funds.